Saturday, July 18, 2009

Let's Get Competitive! The Great Mac 'n' Cheese Recipe Contest

Well, since I've been pregnant I've had this insatiable craving for the most amazing, knock-my-socks-off homemade macaroni and cheese I can find. Trouble is, when I tried to make it myself, it was less than lovely (sorry Alton Brown, yours just didn't do it for me).

So I gave it a think, and I realized that my most excellent (and faithful, right?) readers probably have the recipe I'm looking for. Then I thought I should make it interesting.

That's how The Great Mac 'n' Cheese Recipe Contest came into being. I will have you, if you don't mind, submit to me your most tried and true, most delectable, most delicious recipe for mac 'n' cheese. Then I will make all the recipes, have a bunch of people over for a tasting contest, tally the votes, and announce the winner on this here blog.

What does the winner get? Oh, it's good. A $10.00 gift card to my very favorite cooking store, Sur La Table.

You hereby have until midnight on Saturday, August 1st to submit your recipes to me at belinablueeyes@hotmail.com.

P.S. As much as I love Alton Brown, please don't send in his recipe for Mac 'n' Cheese. I already tried that one. It wasn't gross, just not what I was looking for. Also, if you wouldn't mind including the story behind the recipe, where you got it, why you like it, and how often you make it (this, of course, will be just for fun). Good luck to all!

-Belina

2 comments:

turleybenson said...

I would LOOOVE to enter this contest. I too am a lover of Mac & Cheese.

And yet the only one I have ever made (I'm assuming Kraft doesn't count)

is...

wait for it...

Alton Brown's.

Sorry Abby!!

Chris said...

Chris & Martha Kilpack Homemade Macaroni & Cheese

1 Box Kraft Macaroni & Cheese (follow directions on box)
While macaroni is still hot, stir in:
Some freshly graded Parmesan cheese
Some freshly graded Romano cheese

This recipe makes Mac n' Cheese in a box taste good.