Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Great Christmas Tree Project

So why do we use Christmas trees, anyway? Well, I gave it a google and found this quick explanation which I liked. And, because it's my blog, I'm using that answer here. Apparently, a monk from Devonshire went to Germany in the 7th century to teach Christianity. He used the triangular shape of the fir tree to explain the Trinity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Apparently from there, people started displaying Fir trees in their homes to remind them of the Trinity. Kinda cool, no?

Now, let me just say I loved recieving all the photos of your Christmas trees. They are all so pretty and fun. I wish I could have seen each in person,







because i've kind of got a thing for Christmas trees.



Now, without further ado...


Michelle's tree, including her baby boy, Nixon.


Leslie's tree. Love the whimsical feel of this one.


Camille's tree, including her dog, Poppy. How tall IS that thing, Camille?


My tree


and Chris and Martha's tree (that's my niece in her belly!)
Viola Diva and Piano Man's tree. I'm itching to get my grubby little fingers on that piano...

Merry Christmas everyone, and thanks to all who participated. If you would still like to show us your tree, I wouldn't mind doing a round 2. Send photos to belinablueeyes@hotmail.com.

2 comments:

Kaylynn said...

Wait, that's my niece in her belly. Beautiful trees!

Kimba said...

Oh poop! I forgot all about this! So sorry, I wanted to contribute. Love these trees, though!